Successful Hacks To Increase Organic Traffic To Your Website
Today e-commerce is a highly competitive marketplace. Thus ensuring that organic traffic comes your way might seem a bit challenging. In fact, there are many websites which make use of SEO or search engine optimisation tactics to ensure organic traffic comes their way. Some get the desired results but there are plenty of websites which might be spending good amount of money yet not getting the desired results. This can be quite a strain since organic traffic drives business and any traffic which goes to your competitor results in a business loss which is difficult to make up.
So what can be done to increase the inflow of organic traffic to your website? There are plenty of options which, if implemented properly, will result in:
- Ensuring that your website enjoys good search engine rankings and
- Good website visibility which in turn would increase the flow of organic traffic.
It is a fact that SEO tactics are constantly undergoing changes to keep up with the technological changes taking place in this area. Some of the important SEO tips and hacks which have a proven record of successfully generating good qualified leads are:
- Increasing the page speed scores: The last few years have seen Google giving a lot of importance to page speed. In fact, it has now started to use this as a determinant in deciding the ranking of a website, especially in mobile searches. Thus fast loading websites are given greater importance. In order to facilitate this, you should take advantage of tools providing Page Speed insights which would provide you with the exact optimisations that when used would make your website page load faster.
- Optimisation of the internal linking structure: Simply speaking internal links of a website are those that point to the other WebPages present on the website. These links when optimised properly help to bring about an increase in organic traffic flow by spreading link equity across all important WebPages present on the website.
- Including keywords in the URL: The importance of the URL lies in the fact that it is used by search engines like Google to understand what the webpage contains. Thus in order to bring about efficiency in the whole process, it is best to incorporate the most relevant keyword in the URL of a webpage. This will enable the search engine to pick up your website faster and ensure better rankings for the same.
- Heading and title tags should contain keywords: The work of the Heading tags is basically to break up the webpage content to make it easier for the readers. Since the H1 tag is always the largest and the most important, search engines again use them to understand the contents of the page.
Also Read: How Does SEO Help Your Business?
On the other hand, the Title tag is that HTML element which defines the web page title. Since they quickly give an idea to both the search engine and the user about the contents of the webpage they are present in, they are said to be the most important on-page tool for SEO optimisation. In fact the title tag is the first thing that the user sees when he calls upon the results of an organic search. It is the large text printed in blue which appears on the search engine page when displaying the results of a search. Thus it is imperative that the title tag starts with the keyword which is most relevant to the website.
The inclusion of keywords in both the heading and the title tags is thus a sure way to get an ample amount of extra traffic to your website.
- Meta descriptions need to be compelling: These HTML attributes provide concise and to the point summary of your webpage. Thus while they do not directly impact the flow of traffic to your website, they do increase the CTR or click-through rate of the website. Writing compelling Meta descriptions will thus ensure the viewers click on your website search listing.
- Optimisation of image alt tags: Simultaneously called the alt text, these image alt tags when incorporated in the HTML code enable both the search engine and the visually impaired user to understand the meanings of the images present on the webpage. Thus these tags need to have the relevant keywords to describe the image. But one should also be aware of the consequences of keyword stuffing and hence the optimisation of the image al tags should be done only after careful deliberation and if the keyword inclusion makes complete sense.
The above processes mentioned definitely help to ensure an increase in organic web traffic to your website. But they need to be implemented with care and by experts so that they are able to provide the expected results and also provide better returns on the amount invested to get these optimisations done.
Also Read SEO Case Study: From Falling Rankings and Traffic in January 2018 To 76% Growth in Organic Traffic in September 2018