Most Effective SEO Strategies for Small Business Website Owners
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is important for all business websites. Your potential customers are already searching for your products or services on Google and other search engines. SEO allows your website and brand to be visible on the top of your search engine results pages (SERPs). One of the most important things about SEO is that it allows small businesses to compete with the largest corporations.
Small businesses tend to have smaller marketing budgets. Even with a limited marketing budget, it is possible to rank higher in SERPs and drive the desired volume of web traffic and leads.
Why is SEO So Important for Small Business Websites?
SEO is the process of increasing your website’s position in your SERPs. Google and other search engines have powerful algorithms that rank sites based on their relevance, quality, and other factors. In fact, there can be hundreds of factors for evaluating a website’s ranking in SERPs.
It is possible to boost your search rankings by using a number of strategies. Every business can develop their unique SEO strategy depending on factors that matter the most to their niche, business goals, products, services, targeted markets, and other focus elements.
As a small business, you can compete with an existing competitor that may be larger than you and has a well-established online presence, with the help of Affordable Packages. Successful SEO requires the creation of the right strategies and implementation. You can expect the results depending on your goals and the kind of strategies implemented by your SEO service.
5 Important SEO Strategies for Your Website
SEO is a dynamic online marketing strategy that keeps changing with time. Yet, there are a few strategies that have stood the test of time and have rather evolved and not completely changed. As a small business website owner, it is important that you implement these 5 strategies as part of your overall SEO plan.
1. Technical SEO
This is the first strategy that lays down your site’s SEO foundation. Technical SEO involves the optimization of your web pages’ structure. It is this part of your web pages that makes it possible for search engine crawlers to crawl and index them. Crawlers will check each webpage, the load speeds, the links, security, and other factors before promoting the content.
All other SEO strategies come after this one. You should understand the context in which this strategy is important. You may create great web content later on, but any issues with technical SEO can affect your website’s ability to rank high in search results.
Technical SEO addresses encryption and security protocols, data structure, page speed, and much more. Your Online Marketing Company is going to address the following factors as part of this SEO strategy:
- Creating sitemap & submitting to search engines
- Remove or update old web pages that may not be performing
- Correct broken links
- Optimize all images
2. Keyword Research
Keywords are still relevant in this era where search engine algorithms focus on machine learning (RankBrain) and other advanced concepts. Google and other search engines still need keywords to ‘understand’ the context of searches. It is important to find the keywords that your target audience is using to search for your products or services. Once the keywords are identified, it will be required to optimize your website and content for them.
Internet Marketing Services use a wide range of advanced tools for keyword research. Examples of such tools include Google Keyword Planner and Moz Keyword Explorer. Some agencies have their own propriety tools with unique features.
As a small business site, it is better to find keywords from your niche. Niche keywords allow you to target a smaller but highly focused audience.
3. Use Long-Tail Keywords
Successful SEO strategies depend a lot on long-tail keywords optimization too. Simple keywords optimization alone cannot help you succeed with this digital marketing strategy.
- Long-tail keywords are phrases that closely match the natural queries that users are likely to use when searching
- It is based on the principle that searchers use short sentences or phrases instead of just a couple of words
- These keywords can more effectively reflect the context of the search
- The method of researching and using long-tail key phrases is similar to that for traditional keywords.
While the keyword ‘dog food’ may make sense to focus on, people searching for it are more likely to use a phrase like ‘where to buy quality dog food’. According to research, long-tail keywords send around 70% more web traffic to sites and blogs.
4. Optimize for Mobile Devices
There is no way around mobile optimization if you want to succeed with SEO. The share of web traffic generated on smartphones has already crossed the 50% mark. Thus, more traffic is generated from mobile devices than desktop. Some of the points you should keep in mind when addressing mobile optimization are as follows:
- The first step is to implement a mobile-friendly website design
- Your Internet Marketing Services can optimize your website for responsive design
- A well-designed website will be accessible on screens of all sizes and devices using any operating systems
- Mobile-friendliness is an important search ranking factor in Google’s core algorithm
- Google’s mobile-first indexing algorithm means that it gives priority to your mobile web-page design
You cannot think of ignoring responsive design if you want to succeed with SEO.
Google has made certain recommendations for businesses for both desktop and mobile sites. The most important of these suggestions are as follows:
- The desktop and mobile site should both have the same web content in formats that can be crawled and indexed. Content means everything – text, images, videos, infographics, and other formats.
- Same metadata should be used in both versions.
- Structured data should be used in both versions.
5. Local SEO
Studies show that almost a third of all searches on mobile devices are location-based. This has made it essential for Google to prioritize local search results options for many business searches, such as ‘restaurants’ and ‘hospitals’. So when creating your SEO plan, your agency is certainly going to include local SEO as an essential strategy as part of the Digital Marketing Solutions.
One of the most important steps in the local SEO strategy is creating your company’s Google My Business profile.
- Your agency is going to claim your Google My Business listing
- You will have to ensure that all information is updated including your business’ physical address and local phone number
- When a customer leaves a review, you will receive the alert and you can respond to them
Your agency can take many other steps to optimize your website for local SEO. One important step is adding your business to local directories.
SEO for Different Businesses
As already mentioned, different types of businesses can develop unique SEO strategies depending on many factors that are specific to their business type and market. Thus, search engine optimization can offer different sets of benefits to different types of businesses.
Digital Marketing for Restaurants
If you have a restaurant and a website, you should keep in mind that your potential customers are searching locally for your business place. A study shows that local SEO can help specialty restaurants increase their visibility by over 300% within a period as short as 4 months.
When you get the help of Internet Marketing Services for SEO, the benefits translate into a greater volume of foot traffic to your business. Studies show that 72% of potential customers who search locally within 5 miles will visit the business. It is important for you to realize how they select the business to visit.
- Your restaurant should be on the first page of your SERPs
- Your Google My Business (GMB) page should be well optimized to show your restaurant higher in search results
- Well optimized GMB can also increase the chances of potential customers clicking through to reach your business place
It is important to clearly mention all the information relevant to your local audience. This includes accurate information like:
- Restaurant name, physical address, and phone number
- Business hours
- Map of your area featuring your restaurant prominently
- Use of relevant keywords related to your business and location
Digital Marketing Services for the Automotive Industry
If you are a car dealership, SEO is extremely important to your website in this age where your target audience is constantly searching for vehicle information online. They are checking product features and making comparisons on their fingertips. And it is important for your website to rank high and appear in front of them the moment they search for your product offerings.
Search engine optimization is extremely important for your car dealership business. You should realize that your targeted audience doesn’t have the time to read through all the different websites to find what they need. They are going to check the top 2 or 3 results and visit them. Research shows that 60% of all search result clicks are received by the first 3 links.
So it is imperative that your website ranks within the top search results to be able to generate a large volume of clicks. And SEO is simply the best Digital Marketing Solutions to help you achieve that.
Digital Marketing Services for Real Estate Developers
The real estate sector is one of the most competitive industries that exist out there. A website is an essential part of the identity of a real estate business and you simply cannot ignore the importance of SEO.
- Real estate-related searches have grown almost 3 times over the past few years.
- 9 in 10 potential home buyers are searching online for homes. Over 50% of home buyers will start their purchase journey by searching online.
- Real estate-related searches on Google have grown by more than 20% year on year since 2008.
Given these statistics, SEO is a must-have digital marketing strategy for everyone who has a real estate website.
Digital Marketing Services for Financial Services
People are almost always searching for banks near them. Whatever type of lending services your business provides, it is important that you have a strong online presence. So if you are a bank, people searching for banks in your area can be using keywords like ‘banks near me’ or ‘banks in <city/town name>’. All of these users are your potential customers.
Hundreds of banks can appear in the search results and they can click on any website. SEO allows you to improve your search rankings within your SERPs. This can make it easier for your target audience to find your bank and click through to your site.
According to research, the top-ranked website in a Google search result gets around 33% of clicks. Only around 10% of searchers get to the second page. So it is important that your financial service ranks on the first page and in the top results. And this is possible only with the help of SEO.
Digital Marketing Services for Construction Companies
As a contractor, a significant percentage of your business comes from word-of-mouth publicity and your connections related to your past clients. But if you intend to grow your business, you will have to leverage the growing influence of the digital sphere. There are many reasons why a construction company requires local SEO:
- Drive Organic Traffic: All forms of marketing and advertising require a decent amount of investment. However, SEO is one of the rare Digital Marketing Solutions that don’t cost a fortune. And it can generate a large volume of organic traffic. It is the most cost-effective marketing strategy that you can think of.
- Faster Results: Local SEO can help generate faster results.
- Longer-Term Results: SEO is different from other advertising and marketing strategies in that it helps drive longer-term results. Once you have run an SEO campaign, it can continue generating traffic for months or years. If you continue running the campaign, you can expect a consistent stream of traffic at a cost-effective price.
The shelf-life of an advertising campaign is very short. On the other hand, the impact of SEO can be felt in both the short-term and long-term.
Digital Marketing services for B2B Business
Most B2B marketers realize the importance of SEO, but they may not embrace it for many reasons. Interestingly, many don’t know where to start. This makes it essential for you to get the help of Internet Marketing Services with a proven track record. Even statistics show that B2B businesses cannot afford to overlook the benefits of SEO:
- Over 6 in 10 B2B decision makers have their decision making process beginning with an online search
- B2B brands investing in blogging drive 67% more leads in a month compared to the ones that don’t blog
- Almost 8 in 10 B2B buyers claim that they don’t entertain salespersons who have not done their own research.
SEO can play a big role in lead generation for your B2B business website. Besides, there should be no second thoughts on it becoming the most cost-effective channel for new lead generation. It is so important for your business that this marketing strategy should be a priority for your company.
Digital Marketing Services for Hospitals
Hospitals can have specific goals when it comes to their marketing strategies. You may be seeking to grow the volume of patients that come to your facility. Your goal may be to increase the number of procedures taking place in your facility. You can use Affordable Packages to run SEO campaigns to reach your targeted audience. One of the biggest benefits of using search engine optimization is that it can also help improve your facility’s authority within your industry. And all this can be achieved without the need to spend tons of money.
Research shows that 77% of patients will search online before making an appointment. So it is important that your hospital website is highly visible on search engines. It doesn’t matter whether you have a small practice or a large facility, SEO gives you the chance to rank high and get found more easily.
Digital Marketing Services for Manufacturing Companies
As a manufacturing company, the world is your market. Your product may be in demand in different countries. An Online Marketing Company can help take your website and business to your global customers at a fraction of the cost of traditional forms of advertising. There are many ways in which search engine optimization can be beneficial for your manufacturing business.
- Your website will become visible to a much larger customer base, located anywhere you desire
- Drive more clicks to your website
- Grow your website traffic and leads
- Generate high sales on a consistent basis
SEO makes sense for almost all types of small businesses. It is such a vast strategy that Internet Marketing Services can determine the strategies that work the best for your business type, size, and other factors that define your niche. Whether it is about growing your brand, driving more web traffic or foot traffic, or building your organic search presence over the long-term, it can serve many purposes. And all this can be done at much more cost-effective rates compared to most other online and offline marketing strategies. So search engine optimization should be an integral part of your overall marketing plan, no matter how big or small your marketing budget is.