Local businesses can gain a lot through SEO, for this technique being a quite affordable option. Many of its aspects can be worked upon without involving any professional agencies or services.
Here are 5 most advanced SEO tips for the local businesses:
Conduct a Local Audit of Your Website
An audit will reveal where your website lags and what improvements you need to implement to bring more visitors to it or on the store. You can hire a professional SEO Consultant for the said purpose. It would thus conduct the audit for free in lieu of the services which you buy. You can also go for conducting an audit by yourself.
You will find the errors, warnings, which might be the elements which seek instant attention to get fixed/edited. You will be able to edit the improper tags, headings and subheadings as well, among other aspects of the website. This way you’ll achieve better search engine rankings for the targeted keywords.
Furthermore, you need to review the back-links, keywords, number of pages and services your competitors have and et al. That will ring the right bell, depending on the kind of business you have and the products/services you offer.
Optimize the landing pages, and the information on them
Your web pages speak your voice on the Internet and the online world. They are valuable thus important assets. They must therefore be properly configured and analysed. Here are some of the inputs.
● Use keywords in the right and appropriate density (remember not to overdo). The keywords should point out towards the services, location and equally help the users to easily identify the kind of business you are in.
● Include contact information in all web pages.
● Remember to include the local area specifics. Such information will help the readers to easily identify your business. They will develop feeling about your business being relevant and more genuine.
Also, improve your landing pages, as these are the pages where you actually embark on a relationship with your customers. You can also hire a professional SEO Consultant for that purpose. Fresh content (posted regularly), long-tail keywords and last but not the least providing useful information is bound to help your landing pages getting preferred over the competition.
Ensure that your store or website is listed on the local business directories and websites
A local business often has a smaller customer base. They usually come from the local or regional communities. When Google is searching for information related to the local searches, it commonly uses the local business directories and or local and regional websites to achieve the results they seek. You can strengthen your local online presence via:
● Getting listed on the local yellow pages, Yelp, YP, Google and the social media websites as well. Include all contact information and ensure you have deleted the duplicate pages.
● Include the videos, images, and links to other relevant web contents so that your listing remains attractive attention seeking and useful for the web users.
● Ensure your business is listed in the right category, and there is no confusion regarding such listings.
● Have the separate listings for your variegated locations, so that the local searches can offer the web users relevant and precise results for their searches.
Interact with the local customer base
Respond to all the reviews that have been posted on the web by your local customers. Encourage your users and customers to speak their minds, and also provide them with the websites or forums where they can post their opinions and provide feedback as independent observers. Thank the positive reviewers while take surmountable steps to solve the queries and complaints of the negative reviewers. Be truthful in each and every response and use the reviews as a guide to improve your product/service, sales/service operations and other business aspects.
Contact us to work with a results-driven digital marketing agency